It's true I am more than 1/2 way through!

Today our son turns 8! Happy Birthday Cole Jeffery. He is celebrating by going to a haunted corn maze with Dad, Dana and Jared. Aunt Lorinda and Uncle Ray are stopping by and dinner is with Nanny (Val). When I called him this morning, my time, I told him it was already his birthday in India. He said he wanted to come to India today. Then quickly said "How many days could we celebrate if we traveled around the world?" I told him I wasn't sure but I thought maybe about four days. He said "let's do that".  Think he is my son???

The heart you see was left at my door by a beautiful South African woman! It was her way of saying goodbye. The heart is made out of flower pedals. I hope I will see her again some day. I was very touched.

My treatments continue every day with a new treatment being added about every seven days. One is stopped and another added. They stopped the water torture treatment :) and I started getting Navara. It is boiled red rice, currently in season, put into the cloths I spoke of last time. It is then dipped in hot milk and pounded up and down my body, front and back. It quickly becomes this gooey paste that smells pretty heavenly to me. I think it is my favorite treatment so far. To my knowledge (it could change) I have 10 days of treatment left. I am sad to say that I have lost weight once again but I am looking forward to putting it back on!

Just a few days ago a long festival of 10 days started called Ganesh. The kids are out of school and there are many events/parties around this holiday. I think it is somewhat like Christmas in our country. The park is lit up with lights and there is chanting, over a loud speaker, everyday all day! The women dress in their fancy Sari's and flowers are everywhere. The Raju Family will be hosting some of the celebrations at their house I understand so it all should be interesting. The Italian couple have arrived and have been given permission by a Pundit (like our ministers) to have a wedding on the auspicious day (yes that has meaning) of Oct 25th. We are going to get to see a wedding which is going to be quite the event. It also means good food!

We have had a couple of fun outings with the folks from HSPCA. A few nights ago we went to Samira's moms house had dinner and played TABU. I got to meet the other people that helped get Baby and Indy to the States. I am ever so grateful for having the opportunity to meet them all. They have been such a blessing! We had quite a feast at Priya's (Samira's mom). There were four main dishes, an Arabic dish, a Greek dish, an Indian dish and Cheese Souffle, don't know where that is from! The food was divine and the company delightful. They all speak VERY good English which of course made things much easier for us.

The first day I arrived at the clinic I went over to the building that I see Krishna in and believe it or not I was greeted by a one eyed female dog. No, I am not kidding. Here she is. What do you think the chances of that happening are??? I found her again two weeks later. Her front left leg has been broken and has healed improperly so she walks a bit funny. She is much friendlier than Baby was so she obviously has better experience with the human species. I found it so hard to believe that I had to go find her and take her picture. She looks considerably healthier than Baby did when she was here.

Beth is enjoying herself and finding things to do. Today she was shopping and I know she has a few more of those outings planned. She has fallen in love with a street dog! Shocking isn't it? And guess what? She is bringing her home! As Jeff said, "apples trees grow apples". Well put I think. I am happy she is here with me. It is fun to watch her enjoy this country and who could complain about spending so much time with such a lovely soul.

I am doing fine but ready to be home with my boys and in my own bed. I am sure that also isn't a surprise. Thanks for joining me on my second trip to India.

Happy Halloween to all and much love,
Mary 


This entry was posted on 10:01 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: