We are celebrating the STUBBORN in this Red-headed Irish Woman this year and we would like you to join us!


We are celebrating the BEST scan results I have had YET.

On March 16th from 11-2pm please come and celebrate with us. The party is at our house. Just be sure to wear green or you will be fair game for the 8 yr old and the 53 yr old!

I did say the best scan results to date. In January we got back the most recent scans and only two tumors had grown slightly. One of them is .1cm while the other is .3cm. I have never had only two grow and never have they grown so little. I have more than 12 measurable tumors. There is more good news... Two tumors that were measurable on the last three sets of scans, one of them you could actually feel on my neck, are no longer there! GONE... Western medicine is saying they must NOT have been cancerous to begin with. REALLY?? Wrong explanation if you ask me! But they didn't ask me so we are just going with celebrating the RIGHT DIRECTION. That and the Irish seldom need a reason to celebrate. ;)

That said, I remain vigilant in my search for a CURE. I know we have a LONG way to go but my body tells me we are going in the right direction. I physically feel better than I have in 4 years. While it isn't "my old self" it is a VAST improvement. I continue to take my Indian herbs and several supplements. The biggest development, maybe to date, is my niece, Shannon has found that she has a genetic mutation. She has been searching for years on a way to stop what is called "burning tongue". Sounds awful doesn't it? It has been and because of her persistence (a nice way of saying stubborn) she found a naturopath that looked at her history closely and tested her for MTHFr. Shannon was positive for 2 of the mutations, C677T & A1298C. I was with Shanny when she got the results. As the Naturopath gave us the list of problems this mutation is involved in we kept looking at one another. Our extended family's medical history was ALL over this page! 20 of the listed problems our family has/had, INCLUDING breast and colon cancer. Needless to say I went to my Oncologist and had him test me for the mutation. I tested positive!!! I am considered homozygous A1298C. That means neither my mother or my father had this chromosome functioning properly. That means ALL of my siblings are homozygous A1298C and  ALL of our children have a least one A1298C chromosome not functioning. THIS IS A HUGE DISCOVERY! The best part of all of this is that it is treatable, has significant implications and for once it isn't expensive (an AMEN is in order her). I won't bore you with further details and there are many, but I do want you to know this is VERY exciting to me. VERY.

On a different note.

India was indeed easier for me this year. In reflecting back on the experience, with some distance from it, the people made ALL the difference. It was a WONDERFUL group of people with very diverse backgrounds. The folks at HSPCA came through in a BIG way and my fellow patients were warm, bright, interesting and loving. The Raju Family (the docs) are fascinating people. We met many other patients this year that they have healed of one thing or another. They are intrinsically and deeply devoted to their calling, working seven days a week. I imagine I will be returning in 2013.

I will be forever grateful to Angie and Beth, for taking time out of their lives, to make this tough journey with me. The time I have gotten to spend with them, in a strange and foreign place, will live in my memory forever. They made my journey easier and safer. They gave Jeff and my family peace of mind. While they wouldn't tell you this, they did make sacrifices to come and be with me. It did not go unnoticed. AND, YES Beth did manage to bring her Indian street dog home! Her name is Mitha, which means sweet in Hindi. Her name tells the whole story.

This is what I returned home from India to.... He was waiting for me at the airport!


 IT

IS

THE


BEST

FEELING

IN

THE

WORLD!



                            Cole started snowboarding this year and says it is his favorite sport so far. His second lesson he went down a black diamond! He wanted to go down one his first lesson but his instructor said "maybe your fifth lesson we can". I guess they compromised!!  He was SO excited to tell us all about it. In an astonished tone he said "mom did you know it hurts to get the wind knocked out of you?" He was completely undeterred. I have even managed to go up and ski with him a few times. I suspect I will only have this year and next to do this with him as I will "be boring and slowing him down" after that.

Jeff remains the solid, steadfast rock in our family who is ALWAYS putting me and Cole first. My admiration only grows for him as time passes. He is simply a remarkable man. I know I am stating the obvious to those of you that know him and many of you have said these same words to me. He IS the strong silent type and would prefer to stay that way so don't tell him what I said! ;)  He is looking for work and as the economy improves so do the prospects. I believe he is looking forward to having more 'adult conversations' and being back "in the world"! Wish him luck.

My hopes for this year, beyond finding a cure, are to find a way to help and contribute to HSPCA so that I may return the favor of making their lives easier AND to find a way to impart, to all of you, what I have learned about the toxins that exist in our homes and in our bodies. My Oncologist, early on, said he thinks the environment is responsible for the cancers I have. It then became my mission to clean out our home and my body of the pollutants. It was a daunting task for me! After I learned about what I couldn't keep, which was literally EVERYTHING, it became VERY simple, cheaper and easier. Let me save you the trouble of having to learn it all and show you how to get rid of the chemicals. It could save someone's life.

So you can see WE HAVE REASON TO CELEBRATE and we hope you will join us! Please let us know if your coming so we can plan accordingly.

A post script before signing off.... HSPCA asked me to write the story of Baby, our Indian street dog, for their newsletter. I did that a long time ago now but have posted it in the next blog if your so inclined. Hmmm, it seems I have managed to get the blogs switched around so the story of Baby is first.  All I did was change Coles age from 7 to 8. And to think I was so impressed with myself for being able to post pictures! That's what I get.

I hope to see you on the 16th!

Many blessings and GOBS of love,
Mary










This entry was posted on 11:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    valerie said...

    Mary, such great news! You, Jeff, and Cole are truly an amazing family. Your determination to fight for your life is such an inspiration!
    Of course from the day I met you my world has been a better place. Thanks so much for sharing your incredible journey.

  1. ... on February 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM